Explanation of the concept
The concept is based on the basic parameters:
· The program – a program transport hub and the required functional units, determines the disposition and the interrelationship between buildings
· Location – location determines the approach and orientation of buildings in the function and design of buildings.
· Character transport hub Gruz are significant fluctuations in the occupancy space of time and the number of users, who come individually or in groups, this is a challenge for the effective organization and management of movement and traffic in the area.
· The Commercial facilities transform the public space and integrate the transport functions.
· urban context of the city of Dubrovnik and Rijeka, Dubrovnik and centuries-layered townbuilding make subtext spatial units.
The architecture is derived from these main criteria that determined the design of urban spaces and architecture of buildings.
Traffic solution stems from the determinant of the physical planning documents Urban Plan of Dubrovnik and Gruz UPU.
Basic features of the transport solutions are:
· Switching and connecting urban public transport and tourist traffic, local and international transport, including terminal for cruise ships and the city’s main bus station with integrated city facilities of the shopping center and the city’s public garages.
· Design of multi-modal transport hub in such a way that different types of traffic and costly overlaps and efficient distribution and direct further movement
· The hub in addition to basic transport functions has a role in revitalizing the wider urban ensemble
· Respect safety requirements present in international traffic
Street Gruz has two links with the street Obala Ivana Pavla II, the first roundabout street Obala Ivana Pavla II and street Andrija Hebrang, and another on the west end of the traffic hub, the location of a terminal for cruise ships and space for parking the tourist buses.
The concept of energy efficiency
The concept of energy efficiency is based on the principle of rational use of energy and zero rate of CO2 emissions, use of renewable energy sources, and reducing maintenance costs and use of the building
The energy system is based on the exploitation of ground heat
The need for cooling buildings is a crucial factor in the calculation of the energy required for heating and cooling buildings, and dimensioning.
Separate systems for heating, cooling and ventilation HVAC respond to the different needs of functional spatial units considering their purpose and standards of air treatment. Separate systems provide optimized divorce installation, flexibility of use and maintenance.
Heating, cooling and ventilation of the building is a critical architectural and technological element of space and whole buildings. Answering System, correctly sized and positioned Cinta will interior comfortable – fresh air proper temperature. As part of the integrity of the building HVAC system is technically responsible for environmental protection and reduced CO2 emissions.
The integrated heating, cooling and ventilation space with partial recovery of air brings the height of the projected savings of about 75% – 80% of energy use in the period of use of the building, and environmental protection and pollution reduction.
Construction of the existing pier is a system of reinforced concrete piles to the sea floor and filling stone material, and is dimensioned for lateral loads during docking of large ships.
In order to avoid unnecessary load on the existing construction dock construction line of commercial buildings, the garage and bus station is placed directly behind the joint port and natural coastline. Open gallery terminal building cruise ships is the only element that relies on the structure of the existing pier. The terminal galleries are located on pillars and dilated with elastic connection to the remaining structure of the building.
The structural system is a combination of steel structure of columns and trusses in the passenger terminal and bus station, and reinforced concrete frame construction of columns, beams and reinforced concrete prestressed ceiling panels in the interior space of the passenger terminal building, shopping center and garage.
The ceiling of reinforced concrete slabs cross-section dimensions of 30cm are two-way prestressed plates range from 600-700cm. Reinforced concrete beam static height of up to 55 to 65cm. The average dimensions of reinforced concrete columns is 40x40cm in the building garage, and 50cm in the shopping mall.
The structural system is a system of composite frames and reinforced concrete cores in accordance with the norms for calculating earthquake exposed public buildings.
The roofs are flat terraces and green roofs as a function of the public space of the passenger terminal and shopping center and parking lot on the roof of the garage. The open design accented roofs and canopies are steel girders covered with metal plates.
Dubrovnik International Cruise Port Investment d.o.o.