Geotechnical and surveying supervision for passenger port
New passenger port was built to increase the port capacity to 10.000 passengers to accomodate 3 big cruise ships. On this project GI provided geotechnical and surveying supervision services.
Old passenger port of Dubrovnik had not enough space for receiving passengers from cruisers. New Dubrovnik Passenger Port was built to get 3 big cruisers with up to 10000 passengers simultaneously. The minimum operational depth of the sea along port is to be 11,0 m.
The realization of this project included:
- construction of 550 pieces of 1500/1800 and 1800 mm diameter bored concrete piles
- removal of 10000 m3 sea bed rocks
- excavations (dredging ) of about 70.000 m3 in maritime zone
- construction of 90.000 m3 of stone material into the new part of shore structure
- 712 pcs prefabricated concert beams
- 646 pcs prefabricated concrete planks
- 420 pcs of concrete pile caps,
- 10.000 tons of reinforcement
- Micro piles, anchors, tie rods, fenders , poles, a new water supply, electricity, traffic lines, etc.
Passenger Port Gruž – Dubrovnik
Geotechnical and Surveying Supervision
850m of new port line
24 million €
2006 – 2009
The Dubrovnik Port Authority