The construction program was led by the idea that typical beach restaurant shall be at the same time a high class restaurant and coffee-house, i.e. it shall fulfill all what its location deserves and requires.
The Zlatni rat restaurant is located at cape Zlatni rat – one of the most beautiful locations of the island of Brač, Dalmatia and Croatia; this is one of views recognized as Croatia even out of Croatia. And that was what has predetermined the project – respect to landscape, the logical self-imposed requirement of nature that there should be a house, but in its minimal scope;
– The house has sunk into the ground;
– The part of the old ruined path, heap, was reconstructed and re-interpreted to the upper terrace;
– Roof has been made as a green roof with large blocks of stone over the utility part of the building and it made the facility a part of a ‘heap’;
– The terrace has been designed as the terrace-garden, with lots of plants arranged in a number of small terrace-gardens, terraces of rosemary, lavender, century plants, laurel;
– The project is contemporary and modern by its form and choice of materials and traditional by its ‘spirit’; it possesses all elements of the traditional concept of the public facility: terrace–yard, and porch, and pergola, and decency, and nevertheless specific exclusivity.
Municipality of Bol and Tomislav Čizmić