Our experiences in all aspects of project management enable us to bring together in-depth technical knowledge and business skills to ensure development of robust projects that meet all government requirements including policy and financial objectives. Our key services to the government include:
- Support at the early stages of project definition to uncover key issues as well as address wider perspectives
- Risk and cost analysis and consideration of all aspects of risk allocation and transfer
- Developing creative and robust business cases that addresses
- Managing all aspects of the procurement process, including inputs from legal and financial advisors
- Undertaking technical, commercial and environmental due diligence to support a sale/concession process
- Acting as independent checker and monitor during construction to ensure the asset is delivered to the requirements of the functional specification
- Undertaking contract management during service delivery
- Engineering services
We advise commercial lenders, export credit agencies, multilaterals and insurers on the technical, commercial and environmental risks associated with infrastructure projects. We provide integrated advice prior to financial closing, during asset construction, during the operation period and in support of refinancing.
We address all technical issues in depth, while our appreciation of key commercial drivers ensures a focus on the most important issues. Typical issues we may help lenders address include:
- Does the financial model adequately represent the project?
- Are the capital and operating cost assumptions reasonable?
- Is the project in accordance with appropriate environmental standards and legislation?
- Is the modelled usage level appropriate given the market and project capabilities?
- Are project risks clearly allocated?
- Will the asset deliver the performance required by its contracts or financial model assumptions?
GI adds value to the private sector developers by providing solutions that shorten the development cycle and add competitive edge. These solutions are based on in-depth market knowledge and real understanding of public sector objectives and constraints.
We assist project developers in areas such as:
- Permitting and licensing support to project development
- Site selection and development
- Environmental impact assessment studies
- Development of creative commercial and technical solutions
- Due diligence at both asset and operations level - achieving operating cost savings
- Financial model development and business planning
- Tender management
- Technical support during the negotiation of project agreements
- Developing a robust business case for debt providers
We provide a wide range of multi-disciplinary engineering and construction consultancy services, including civil and structural design, engineering, geotechnical support, waste management, cost consultancy and contract advice and administration.
We support contractors throughout the project by providing specialist advice on handling the specific technical issues such as advice on planning approval issues, study on environmental impact and other specialist assessments, analysing whole life costing options, providing hard and soft maintenance advice, and carrying out risk and design management.